Our very first time meeting Abraham

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Finally Home!!

Sorry I haven't updated since we got home! What a journey this has been and I will try to make sure everything is in order here....

Jan 24th was the big day that the US embassy was interviewing Abraham's uncle. The interview was set for 7:30am Addis time which would have been 12:30am our time. It was hard sleeping that night for sure! Thank goodness for the bottle of Sleep Works from Advocare that helped me sleep peacefully and not wake up every hour!

I woke up at 5:30am and rushed downstairs to check my e-mail to see if they cleared us...nothing...6:34am I decided to e-mail embassy myself to ask them if we had cleared or not...I kept hitting Send and Receive over and over and over...then Kiara took over hitting the button...then it came, at 7:04am EST we received the long awaited e-mail with this in the Subject line:

Hebert Family Cleared Case

I SCREAMED for joy! I was actually on the phone with my friend Jen so she could attest to my screaming! lol....

Embassy wanted us to choose 3 interview slots and they would send us back confirmation of one of the slots...We chose Jan 30th, Jan 31st and Feb 1st.  They e-mailed back and said Jan 30th at 9am! WOW!

After months of delay and frustration the day was finally here...we purchased our tickets for Jan 25th, arrived in Addis late Thursday night, Jan 26th, then early Friday morning we got to Layla House where our dear boy was waiting for us by the gate! Watch the video here:





He was ready for us, had showered the night before to be clean and ready for his family to arrive. He was all smiles and was so ready to leave and go to the guesthouse...we changed him into his new clothes, walked into his room and gathered all his belongings, mostly all the packages and stuff we had sent him and a few clothes we had left for him, and off we went to the guesthouse, together as a family at last! More to come...........................






No comments:

Post a Comment